Liberty and Accessibility

Monday, December 04, 2006

I go to the University of South Florida. Since the beginning of this semester, this Christian guy has been trying to convert me to Christianity. At the beginning of the semester, I told him that I used to be a Christian, but I don't go to church any more because there are things that I strongly disagree with. I thought he would leave me alone after that, but no! Evidently, I'm his project for the semester. Whenever he sees me, he wants me to stop and say prayers. In order to be polite and open minded, I've been letting him say his prayers. However, after his recent hokis pokis, I'm starting to get really annoyed. This weekend, he came to my table and started talking about how the bible says that Jesus healed people's eye sight by putting his hands on their eyes and he wanted to try this with me. Admittedly, I was a little bit curious if something would actually happen, so I didn't try to stop him. Obviously, there wasn't any change in my sight, so when I left the cafateria, I was angry and embarrassed. I was embarrassed for going along with his crap and angry because I feel like Christians think it's their job to change people. Why can't you Christians accept that you can't change everybody to your liking! There are attempts to band gay marriage and abortion because of Christians! Stop trying to impose your narrow view of the world on everybody!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Read the Bills Act Coalition Add to Technorati Favorites