Liberty and Accessibility

Friday, March 23, 2007

Dr. Edwin Vieira Speaks...

Now, one of the things, though, that I would like to raise as an issue,
for your consideration, is a peculiarity that I see between the two
subject matters; one, the money issue, the Federal Reserve, if you
will, on the one hand, and the income tax on the other hand. I've
studied the money issue, case law, statutory law, historical
descriptions of what went on, from, I don't know, the Middle 1600's in
England up until now. And one of the things you discover, or at least I
have discovered, going through all of that, is that the powers that be,
very systematically changed the laws as they went along, or they wrote
the court opinions in such a way as to rationalize, perhaps not
justify, but at least to rationalize, what they were doing.
So you can see a kind of logical progression or degeneration in the
statutory and case law from the early days, from the Constitution, from
1789, up until the present time. And they really didn't hide any of
this. It's there if you're willing to look. Fascinating thing is, most
people aren't willing to look. But, it's not a deep, dark secret.
Whereas, in the area of the income tax, there seems to be, at least to
my mind, an anomaly. That is, if I were in charge, politically, of this
system, and I had a vast mass of people out there believing that they
had to pay these taxes and they had to file these forms and keep these
records and perform all of these various functions, even if I knew that
the "16th Amendment" hadn't been ratified or that there was some other
basic constitutional flaws in what I was doing, it really wouldn't
bother me too much, to write the tax statutes and regulations
consistently with what the masses of people thought those statutes and
regulations said. Why would I care? It's all a con game anyway, right?
I'm lying left and right. I can lie in this statute as well I lie in
that statute. What difference does it make? Why would I not write the
tax code and the tax regulations in the way everybody believes the tax
code and the tax regulations are already written?
And I leave that with you, because I think that's a fascinating
psychological problem. Read more at

http://www.constitution.org/col/vieiraspeech.htm
.

--
Email services by FreedomBox. Surf the Net at the sound of your voice.

www.freedombox.info

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Read the Bills Act Coalition Add to Technorati Favorites