Liberty and Accessibility

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Myspace.com discriminates against the blind

The popular social web site www.myspace.com discriminates against the
blind. A few days ago, I tried to create an account on

www.myspace.com.

The problem was that in order for somebody to create
an account, they have to enter numbers or letters that they see on an
image. The purpose of these images is to keep computer programs called
bots from automatically creating accounts. The problem is that these
images can't be read by screen readers. I filled out the form to
contact Myspace so they could help me create an account and I haven't
received a response. I will be putting a response meter on this site
to show how many days they go without responding.

--
Email services by FreedomBox. Surf the Net at the sound of your voice.

www.freedombox.info

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Read the Bills Act Coalition Add to Technorati Favorites